Here you will find the detailed description of the farm,
and here are our other holiday cottages and farmhouses in a quaint Carpathian village.
• Casa Lopo •
Traditional farm in a shepherd's village with atmosphere in every corner. We have respectfully preserved the old ...
...creatively invented the new, and combined architectural styles, cultures and preferences into a special composition.
3 rooms, an extravagant bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen and a courtyard terrace for up to 6 relaxed people.
family friendly farmstay holiday in transylvania romania
We enter the courtyard from the village road ...
... pass the corner of the house ...
... and step closer to the annex on the right, followed by the terrace and the entrance to the barn.
The barn in all its glory.
We turn around to the entrances of the annex and the farmhouse.
Through the hallway ...
... we enter the kitchen ...
... which is fully equipped for self-catering.
The large room is flooded with light ...
... because of its four windows.
Of course, in reality the view is more clearly than in this picture.
View towards the kitchen ...
... and from here ...
... into the second room ...
... with windows leading to the hallway and the courtyard.
Sometimes the sun shines in from above through The skylight of the dormer.
We've built the new bathroom in the extension of the hallway ...
... and didn't give up the old window on the right, towards the kitchen.
The hallway ...
... leads you back into the courtyard.
We turn to the annex ...
... which houses the third room ...
... small but nice.
Once again the barn ...
... and a detail next to it.
The garden is located behind the barn - here still with traces of the construction work.
The backside of the barn.
We are back in the courtyard.
From the terrace ...
... we go towards the gate ...
... passing the entrance of the basement ...
... just behind the house entrance.
The street view from below ...
... and from above.
We stroll a few steps through the village of Vale
After a view from the village bridge ...
... we approach the village square.
A neighbor lives here, offering eggs, canned vegetables, homemade jams and zacuska ...
... and here two procured a slightly different food for the winter.
The village road leads up ...
... past the Orthodox Church.
The village is now mostly under us ...
... and somewhere there a native sloth snors to the beat of a woodpecker.
Impressions from the surroundings
• Vale on the horizon •
• At the edge of the village •
• One of dozen of wooden sculptures at the 'sunny glade' above the village •
• Mountain lake at Gura Raului •
• The 'Sfanta Treime' monastery at the river above the neighboring village of Sibiel •
• The hermitage 'Foltea' in the small town of Saliste •
• Saxon fortified church Cristian from the 13th century •
• Old town Sibiu •
Take an illustrated walk to the sights of Sibiu and its surroundings.
• The clay castle near Porumbacu-de-Jos •
We set off for a short hike up to the Cindrel Mountains
• The hiking trail leads us into the legendary Cindrel Mountains •
• A mountain shelter, typical of the Romanian Carpathians •
• View from the mountain meadows into the valley. This area is called 'home of the shepherds' •
• There are many legends surrounding the Cindrel Mountains •
• One of them tells of ...
... the lake of tears • More on this in the Carpathian Photo Gallery •
Finally some tidbits from other parts of Romania
• Barsana Monastery in Maramures •
• Namaiesti hermitage - rock church from the 13th century •
• Dracula Castle of Count Vlad Tepes near Bran •
• Peles Castle of the kings in Sinaia •
• Corvin Castle at Hunedoara •