Here you will find the detailed description of this country house,
and here are our other Romania accommodations in a quaint Carpathian village.
• Casa Pelu •
The former living home of an abandoned farm. We tinkered its details ...
... we polished antique surfaces, replaced everything that definitely could not be saved, and set on it a new attic.
Et voilà: 3 double rooms, 1 bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen and a cozy roof terrace for up to 6 people in good mood.
romanian country home in a quaint carpathian village near sibiu, transylvania
Street viewtransylvanian country holiday house at the romanian carpathians
First we enter ...
... the new attic.romania country home rental for hiking in transylvania
We turn around ...
... to the other corner ...
... and take a panoramic view.
Here is the second room in the attic.romanian country home for rent in transylvania near sibiu
It's a bit larger, with access to the roof terrace.transylvanian country holiday house at the romanian carpathians
Another look with the fisheye ...romania country home rental for hiking in transylvania
... and once again with a wide viewing angle.romania country home rental for hiking in transylvania
We step out onto the terrace ...romanian country home for rent in transylvania near sibiu
... located above the bathroom.transylvanian country holiday house at the carpathians
Finally we leave the attic ...romania country home rental for hiking in transylvania
... towards the walk-in kitchen on the mezzanine floor with two entrances.country home
It features a cosy tiled stove ...transylvanian country holiday house at the romanian carpathians
... and is fully equipped for self catering.romania country home rental for hiking near sibiu
We enter the third bedroom adjoining the kitchen ...romanian country home for rent in transylvania
... where we find another seating group ...transylvanian country holiday house in romania
... for 6 people.romania country home rental sibiu
The entrance to ...
... the bathroom (the former summer kitchen of the farm) with tub and shower.romanian country home for rent in transylvania near sibiu
The porch of the neighbouring cottage Casa Nicu in the courtyardromanian country house
Another outside view from the alley
romania country home for rent
You want to see more? Get an overview with the virtual tour through Casa Pelu.
We stroll a few steps through the village of Vale
After a view from the village bridge ...
... we approach the village square.
A neighbor lives here, offering eggs, canned vegetables, homemade jams and zacuska ...
... and here two procured a slightly different food for the winter.
The village road leads up ...
... past the Orthodox Church.
The village is now mostly under us ...
... and somewhere there a native sloth snors to the beat of a woodpecker.
Impressions from the surroundings
• Vale on the horizon •
• At the edge of the village •
• One of dozen of wooden sculptures at the 'sunny glade' above the village •
• Mountain lake at Gura Raului •
• The 'Sfanta Treime' monastery at the river above the neighboring village of Sibiel •
• The hermitage 'Foltea' in the small town of Saliste •
• Saxon fortified church Cristian from the 13th century •
• Old town Sibiu •
Take an illustrated walk to the sights of Sibiu and its surroundings.
• The clay castle near Porumbacu-de-Jos •
We set off for a short hike up to the Cindrel Mountains
• The hiking trail leads us into the legendary Cindrel Mountains •
• A mountain shelter, typical of the Romanian Carpathians •
• View from the mountain meadows into the valley. This area is called 'home of the shepherds' •
• There are many legends surrounding the Cindrel Mountains •
• One of them tells of ...
... the lake of tears • More on this in the Carpathian Photo Gallery •
Finally some tidbits from other parts of Romania
• Barsana Monastery in Maramures •
• Namaiesti hermitage - rock church from the 13th century •
• Dracula Castle of Count Vlad Tepes near Bran •
• Peles Castle of the kings in Sinaia •
• Corvin Castle at Hunedoara •